· Alchimia Estate.
· Location: Barrancas - Maipu, Mendoza.
· Age: Vines planted in 1999.
· Yield: 12.000 kilograms per hectare.
The first week of April we harvest our best grapes for this line of wines, using state of the art harvesters, after putting aside the unwanted bunches.
· Bunches have been selected and de-stemmed in the vineyard.
· Pre-fermentative maceration at low temperature to preserve primary aroma.
· Alcoholic fermentation with the infusion of selected yeast.
· Maceration time 28 days.
· Alcohol: 13.0%
Third use barrels during 6 months combined with first use staves to preserve the vibrating mineral character of this wonderful variety.
Lively, crystalline, with structure, ruby red color with violet glints, this young Cabernet Franc has a very expressive aroma, that reminds us of ripe fruit like blackberries, blackcurrant and dried figs combined with delicate vegetable and spicy notes. Elegant, fine and fresh because of its acidity, it is an excellent present to drink right away.
It is ideal to start a meal and also a great companion for simple as well as more sophisticated and spicy meals.Also ideal to be combined with hard cheese and smoked cold meat. The complexity of its aroma is also well appreciated if served as an appetizer. Desserts as chocolate mousse, brownies, sugar coated fruit with ice cream are some good choices to bring a good meal to an end.