· La Austral Estate.
· Location: La Consulta - San Carlos, Mendoza.
· Age: Vines planted in 2000.
· Yield: 6.000 kilograms per hectare.
Last week of April, manually picked, in boxes containing 18 kilograms of bunches selected in the vineyard.
· Selected and de-stemmed bunches.
· Pre-fermentative maceration at low temperature to preserve the primary aroma.
· Alcoholic fermentation with infusion of yeast specifically selected for a greater aromatic expression and fruit.
· Maceration time: 35 days.
· Malolactic fermentation and ageing in French oak barrels provide it with structure, elegance and notes of refined complexity.
· Alcohol: 14.4 %
New and second use French oak barrels, medium toast, during 16 months.
To the eyes it has an intense and concentrated red colour. To the nose it is sweet, product of its considerable ripeness. Balsamic and mineral aromas stand out, with notes of wild black fruit with a vibrating acidity. This Malbec is exceptional because of its unique structure and concentration, as a result of a vineyard nourished specially for our limited editions. Its ageing in oak barrels adds an elegant yet notorious vanilla note to its delicate fusion of mineral descriptors found in Valle de Uco.
It is ideal to be enjoyed with ha rd and semi hard cheese and smoked cold meat. Also, grilled red meat, filled pasta with red or white creamy sauces. Typical meals from different regions of Argentina can be original choices to combine with this irresistible malbec. Serve at 15°C.