· Location: Barrancas - Maipu, Mendoza.
· Age: Vines planted in 1999.
· Yield: 7.000 kilograms per hectare.
First week of April, manually picked, in boxes containing 18 kilograms of bunches selected in the vineyard.
· Selected and de-stemmed bunches.
· Pre-fermentative maceration at low temperature to preserve the primary aroma.
· Alcoholic fermentation with infusion of yeast specifically selected for a greater aromatic expression and fruit.
· Maceration time: 35 days.
· Malolactic fermentation and age ing in French oak barrels provide it with structure, elegance and notes of refined complexity.
· Alcohol: 14.0 %
New and second use French oak barrels, medium toast, during 12 months.
To the eyes, it presents an intense red colour, with visibly high concentration. To the nose, it offers an outstanding fruity character with spicy notes, with predominant red fruit and black pepper notes. This Cabernet Sauvignon stands out for its concentration and balanced acidity, as a result of selected plots of our vineyards specially managed for our limited editions. Its ageing in oak barrels finely complements the distinct structure and concentration of this variety. Firm while sweet tannins and subtle vanilla notes sustain a long and elegant ending.
Versatile to pair, resulting ideal to enjoy with hard and semi-hard cheese, and smoked cold cuts. It also goes well with grilled red meat, stuffed pasta served with red and creamy sauces. Typical local food from different regions of Argentina can be original options to enjoy this distinctive Cabernet Sauvignon. Serve at 15°C.